Saturday, January 23, 2010

Catching up....

Ok.....It has been almost a year since I last posted......I'm horrible at staying on top of this! 2009 was quite a year for us and I'll do a quick update. We celebrated Luke's first birthday in Hilton Head with a bunch of our friends. It was a wonderful vacation. He took his first steps at 13 month when we were in Gatlinburg with my family. That's also when I found out that we were expecting again. What a wonderful surprise! Little did we know at the time that a few weeks later we would learn that we were expecting TRIPLETS!!! We had a wonderful summer....spending most of our days swimming and just hanging out. We also were able to get to Michigan a few times which is always wonderful. Luke was Elmo for Halloween this year and he had a great time trick or treating even if we only made it to about 4 houses! He had fun playing with all the kids at our house beforehand. We spent Thanksgiving in Ft. Lauderdale with Moma and Boompa and had a great time! Moma was recovering from knee surgery and I was getting VERY pregnant so we did a great job of holding down the lawn chairs by the pool. It was a relaxing trip and so nice to spend the time together. Christmas was here this year. I wasn't able to travel so Moma and Booma and Brad and Lolee came to Tennessee. We had Joe's side of the family over on Christmas day as well. It was all about family.....which is what Christmas should be. It was perfect. Santa was way too good to Luke. In fact, he got bored opening presents and we had some to open for days afterward! I hope Santa learned his lesson! It's not the end of January and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Luke's three brothers! He seems excited but I really think he has no clue what is in store in the very near future! Once I start to work on it, you can read about the journey at Our latest task has been trying to get Luke to go to sleep without being rocked to sleep. We had created a monster by rocking him to sleep before putting him in his crib and then patting his belly until he was sound asleep. About a week ago it took us an hour and a half to get to down. No way......we don't have time for that! So, the first night I though I would lose my mind. He cried (only for about 5 minutes) but I cried the rest of the night. I couldn't stand to hear "ni-night, ni-night, ni-night) in between broke my heart! The second night the crying lasted about 2 minutes and mine lasted for about half an hour and the third night he said "Mommy!" as I walked out but there were no tears! Tonight (the fourth night) he said "I love you" and "good boy" and that was it. Not a single tear. Thank God! Also tonight he went to our nephew's basketball game with his aunt and uncle. It was the first time he's left us to go somewhere with someone else. We prepared them for a short meltdown which we figured would end shortly after they left our house. Instead, Luke got in their car and said, "Bye Daddy!" and that was it! He had a blast with his cousins and his aunt and uncle. What happened to our baby????? He is truly the light of our lives. At times I feel guilty about having other babies but Luke needs siblings to play with and I have no doubt he'll be a wonderful big brother. The kid is amazing..... (If I do say so myself)

No comments: